We know you are busy so you never need an appointment and we buy EVERY DAY. We are open late, offering extended hours when you need it most. Please bring your freshly laundered items in a bin, box, tote or basket, simply laid out flat. Please limit hangers and NO plastic bags!
We will respectfully decline any clothing brought in bags. We also ask that clothing be limited to 2 bins maximum per visit in order for us to get you in and out in a timely fashion.
All gently used clothing must be freshly laundered (within the week!) and must be stain-free as well as free of odours such as smoke, mildew, mothballs etc.. Clothing must also be free of any pet hair or lint.
Clothing items should look new and contemporary in style (i.e. generally less than 5 years old). Remember, if you would not buy it the way it looks, then we likely won’t buy it either. Clothing should not be ripped, faded, stained or peeling. Zippers and buttons need to be in working condition, and intact.
We know it’s easy to overlook a stain or small tear at home, so please don’t be offended if we reject an item. (Have you seen how many lights we have?!?) By ensuring the quality of all merchandise, every shopper can be confident of buying clean, high-quality items.
Please keep in mind that infant wear is purchased very selectively (sizes 0 to 18 months) and is preferred in matching sets.
Holiday themes and foreign language clothing/books/toys are highly sought after!
Toys and equipment:
- Items must meet current Canadian Safety Standards and not be recalled. Do not worry if you are not sure. We will check it out.
- Items must have all parts, and be in clean and working order. If equipment needs batteries, please include them so as to maximize our $ offer!
- Bikes, or any metal item, must not have any rust.
- Bring in items assembled or be prepared to assemble it in store.
- Items must be 5 years or newer with manufacturers safety labels attached to them.
What we buy:
- Baby to youth size 12 (Note: Larger sizes have larger payouts!)
- Maternity – focus on comfortable and casual style
- Sports clothing/gear in selective and limited quantities
Please, no Big Box brands like George (Wal-Mart), Circo (Target), Dollarama, etc,.
- Infant and children’s shoes, boots, & sandals up to youth size 4
- Baby furniture, bassinets, changing tables, table sets & chairs, toddler beds, etc.
- Exersaucers, strollers, pack-n-plays, swings, high chairs, bed rails, carriers, etc.
Toys – With all pieces and batteries, if required
- Ride-on toys
- Activity toys
- Learning toys
- Kitchen sets
- Barbie’s, dolls, and accessories
- Outdoor toys/slides, such as Little Tikes, Step 2, etc
- Bikes with up to 16″ wheels, with training wheels!
DVD’s and CD’s (absolutely no scratches)
What we DO NOT buy:
At The Kids Shoppe, safety is a top priority. We are not able to buy items which do not meet current Canadian Safety Standards (i.e. recalls), or;
- Stained, pilling, or out-of-date items
- Toys with missing parts (include batteries to maximize your offer!)
- Clothing in garbage/grocery bags. (All clothing must be neatly placed in a bin, box, or basket, unfolded.)
- Car seats, booster seats, or mattresses
- Bikes with rust or without training wheels
- Books with torn pages, “dog ears”, scribbling, or highlighting
- Breast pumps or bottle warmers (unless new-in-box)
- Electronic toys that attach to, and run on, the TV
- Games without instructions or original boxes
- Outdoor swing sets
- Stuffed animals (some exceptions on unique or rare stuffies!)
- Underwear or socks (unless new with tags)